Monday, November 23, 2009

12 Days of Christmas Interviews: Day 5 + Homemade Amaretto Recipe


{I fear...}
TIFFANY BURKS
I fear that my camera battery will die. I have a habit of not charging my camera battery so of course when I need it most it runs out of power.

SAVANNAH O'GWYNN
spiders, insects, snakes, frogs....creepy crawly things!

LAUREN SILBERMAN
I fear losing my creative spirit.

***************************************************
Handmade Christmas: Homemade Amaretto
So, I've made several Christmas gifts this year and purchased a few from Etsy. But, I'm excited to be starting my favorite handmade gifts this week: Amaretto Liquor. Last year I made this with a lot of success, so I thought that I would share the recipe I used with you. Nummy nummy...

- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 cups brandy
- 4 tsp almond extract

  1. Make a simple syrup with the sugar and water: Bring water to boil, add the sugar and simmer for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
  3. Bottle them in sterilized containers. I purchased my bottles from here.
  4. Age 1 month at least.

Easy cheesy, right!? And, totally delish! Photo documentation of the whole process to come, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment