Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crafting... with newborn in lap

So... I'm a new mother. And, I only have two hands. And, I need four hands for just the baby. But, even though my sweet pea is only three weeks old, I am already missing that creative part of me. The part that isn't mom or wife or teacher. So, I'm using every free moment to play with paper. If the baby is sleeping, I'm working on one project or another. (Yes, I've heard all that advice about sleeping when the baby is sleeping.) If the baby isn't sleeping, I'm desperately trying to wield the glue dots in one hand and baby in the other. I think you will appreciate my latest Christmas card all the more if you know that it was completed entirely (with the exception of cutting out the oval) with one hand. Granted, I did give it my right hand, and the poor babe was stuck with the far less capable left. Even now, I am typing with one hand. (Mrs. Martinez, my seventh grade typing teacher would have a fit!)

May I present to you, the one-handed "Be Merry" card for Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge.

Now, I have some spit-up to manage that is definitely going to require two hands. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, super job on Mercy's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome CAS layout and papers showcase a beautiful new baby!

    BTW, the advice about sleeping when the baby sleeps is optimistic and highly overrated. The good news is that before too long they actually start sleeping when you do!

    Until then, you perfect your one-handed skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heather...great card! love the bright and cheerful colors! too funny that this week's layout would have fit your digi card, too...what a beautiful baby!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a wonderful job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete