Sunday, November 29, 2009

12 Days of Christmas Interviews: Day 11

{I will always remember...}


TIFFANY BURKS
I will always remember decorating our Christmas tree with my mother. It was huge tree and we sent all day decorating. My mom loves tinsel, tinsel sticks to everything we would get tinsel all through the house.

SAVANNAH O'GWYNN
I love getting together for the holidays with my family up in Indiana. My mom comes from a family with 13 kids--so we always had fun getting together. I loved it when a "holiday" came around---everyone would gather at Granny's house with a homemade dish (mom always brought Taco Blend), and we would play outside on the farm or run around the house...tag...football....softball....we would even play card games until late late late in the night! My favorite thing about getting together was when someone left. Everyone (I mean EVERYONE) would stand in front of the window facing the road and wave until that car passed. Sometimes the cars would back up and wave again! LOVE IT!

LAUREN SILBERMAN
I will always remember going down to Florida for the holidays so that I could spend both Chanukah and Christmas with both sets of grandparents. I particularly remember the first year we drove down, and Florida was hit by a snowstorm! We ended up stuck on several highways for hours and even sleeping at a temporary Red Cross shelter. I know that may be a strange way to start a favorite holiday memory, but the difficulty of getting there made me appreciate spending the time with my grandparents (and out of the cold!) even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment